Pdx-Plore -Your Portland Adventure Awaits
Book Direct with This Exclusive Offer & Enjoy up To 15% Off + All the Perks of Staying at Hotel Lucia with No Amenity Fee (value of $29 per Night)
Portland is one of the best cities for fun, especially if you love the foodie scene, eclectic bars, outdoor activities & one-of-a-kind experiences. With an array of activities nearby as quirky & unique as Portland itself, Hotel Lucia is the perfect home base for your Portland adventure. The foodie scene in Portland can't be beat. During the summer & fall, many restaurants offer outdoor seating where you can enjoy your meal in the sunshine. The food truck scene, a major part of the city's culture, offers another option for outdoor dining with 500 trucks & something for everyone from Mexican street tacos to Korean BBQ to vegan burgers, some even have live music. Portland's is also known for its vibrant cultural scene.
Fun & Quirky Things to Do in Portland Now!:
- Visit the World’s Smallest Park -At just 452 square inches, Mill Ends Park is the smallest park in the world according to the Guinness Book of World Records. You can find it at the corner of SW Front Avenue & Taylor Street. Be sure to stop by this weird little park for a photo while wandering around downtown Portland!
- Explore the Shanghai Tunnels - Have you ever heard of “shanghaiing”? It’s the illegal capturing and selling of able-bodied men to sea captains and it used to be an underground operation in Portland, Oregon. Literally underground. The Shanghai Tunnels run underneath the city connecting the downtown area to the Willamette River. According to legend, men were drugged (or simply overly intoxicated), kidnapped, dragged into the tunnels, and then held captive until they could be sold. You can take a tour of the underground tunnels and learn more about Portland’s sordid past
- Zoom Around Town on an Electric Scooter- The electric scooter craze has arrived in Portland and they are now super easy for busy commuters and carefree tourists to rent. Just sign up for the mobile app for– Bird, Lime, or Spin – then locate an available scooter and use your app to start your scooter rental. Off you go on a weird adventure around town!
- Snap a Photo of your Feet on the PDX Carpet
- Buy a joint at Broadway Cannabis, don’t worry it’s legal. Portland is known for it's local cannabis scene, so visit Broadway Cannabis Market & experience the best of locally sourced, craft cannabis procured directly from Oregon growers. They have everything from infused gummy straws, doobies & flower all ready for you along with the expert guidance of their budntenders!
- Play Old School Video Games at Ground Kontrol- With over 60 classic video games and 27 pinball machines, Ground Kontrol is a Portland gamer’s paradise.
- Pay Tribute to Portland’s Beloved Late Drag Queen, Darcelle by catching a drag burlesque show at his popular Portland venue, Darcelle XV. Born in 1930, Walter Cole had a wife & 2 kids living a “conventional” life in Portland before developing his “alter ego” –Darcelle XV. He first wore a woman’s dress at 37 & until his recent passing, held the title of the oldest female impersonator on the West Coast.
- Visit the Statue that Gave the Show Portlandia its Name - The Portlandia statue is the second-largest copper repoussé statue in the United States. What is the largest you ask? The statue of Liberty, of course. You’ll find the Portlandia Statue perched above the entrance to the equally quirky postmodern Portland Building on SW 5th Avenue.
Hotel Perks include: Nightly Craft Beer Hour, Complimentary Wi-Fi, Fitness center featuring Peloton bikes & MIRROR, Complimentary bike rentals to explore the city, Well+Fit Kit, Daily coffee service and Art Gallery self guided tour.